Our favorite summertime indulgence is getting to stay up late and sleep in. With school out, and no agenda to adhere to, some of our best days include pajamas until noon and these blueberry pancakes. These blueberry pancakes are not too sweet, fluffy and an easy way for kids of all ages to lend a helping hand. We served them up with turkey bacon and milk, followed by some serious bed jumping, wrestling and of course loads of laughter. So why not make a morning playdate out of the idea? Toss the kids in the car, bed head and all, and head to a dear friend’s to share in the fun.
2 eggs separated
1 cup buttermilk
5 tablespoons of melted butter
1 cup flour
1/4 cup oats
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Separate the eggs and put the egg whites aside.
- Whisk buttermilk, melted butter and egg yolks together, then add to the dry ingredients and stir. Using a mixer, whip the egg whites until they form white peaks. Softly fold in egg whites (be careful not to over mix as the egg whites will deflate).
- Melt butter on a skillet. Add generous spoonfuls of pancake batter to skillet and allow to cook. Sprinkle some blueberries while cooking. Pancakes are ready to flip once you see bubbles forming on the top of the batter.
- Top with extra blueberries and sweet syrup.
- Enjoy friends!